Pages

Thursday, May 1, 2008

Northern California Chapter Meeting, National Speakers Association

I think this weekend has two main activities to it. There's the Northern California Chapter of the National Speakers Association Meeting on Saturday. That'll give me a chance to talk to people that speak for a living, and then on Sunday, it's off to The Maker Faire.

If you haven't been to the Maker Faire before, and you are anywhere near San Mateo, CA, you really ought to look into it. The Maker Faire is one of the coolest things ever. Of course, as you may notice at the head of this blog, I have spent my life in high tech, so I have a slight bias. But where else can you find new forms of art (ok, Picasso did it first, but it's still cool), movement controlled flame throwers, and, of course, giant robots!

I don't think there's any sort of career path for me at the Maker Faire, but I have to admire the people there that pour so much energy and creativity into their arts! I think that's the lesson I need to pick up from the show.

No comments: