Pages

Friday, April 25, 2008

Northern California Publishers and Authors

I'm off towards Sacramento today. The Northern California Publishers and Authors 2008 Conference is this Saturday. Since one of my main interests is writing, I'm going to go hang around with some people who do it successfully, and see what I can learn.

I'm particularly interested in print on demand books. It's hard to get excited, for me, at the idea of working for a year on a book, taking a year to sell it, and another year to have it drift through the publisher's hands. It's much more interesting, and motivating, to realize that the day after I finish something, it can be available to anyone that's interested. Of course, finding the people that are interested is still an issue! :-)

But that's why I'm going to the conference, to listen to (and hopefully talk to) people who are doing this successfully already, like Dan Poynter.

Trip report in two days.

No comments: