Pages

Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Changes

My life hit a speed bump a little while back, in the form of a layoff. That was my first one, not counting the dot com bust that took the whole company.

I suspect the reason I was laid off was that I lost my passion for what I was doing, and going through the motions doesn't really cut it at a fast paced start up.

I used to love to go to work, I enjoyed the technology for technologies sake, and lived for the new gadgets and releases that I played with in my spare time. But that was a while ago, and I think I have to face that as I've grown some things that were important to me no longer seem fascinating, and other things I used to avoid now fill me with joy.

For a few years now, I've been teaching a few classes a month, and that is always energizing and fun. And I've written for my own amusement for years, without seriously trying to publish. I think those are the places that I may start looking for my new vocation.

This should be interesting...

No comments: